The Empower team are excited to be able to share our professional and caring approach in the online arena! For those unable to join us in the clinic, we have expanded our service delivery methods with one goal in mind: to help you get more out of life; even if you can’t join us in the clinic.
What is Empower Telehealth?
Telehealth is a relatively new concept in the physiotherapy realm, but is an exciting concept that allows us to help a range of people who for a range of reasons may not be able to join us in the clinic. This could be due to geographical distance, difficulties with transport, or other health conditions or concerns.
Rather than allow these issues cause a delay in accessing the very best in physiotherapy care, the Empower team are now utilising innovative digital communications technology to assist more clients optimise their health, achieve their goals, and get more out of life. All you need is a device, such as a smart phone, a laptop, or a PC with camera, microphone, and sound capabilities – and we’ll help you with the rest!
Geographical distance (or social distancing...) is no reason to miss out on the highest quality Physiotherapy!
Is Telehealth the Right Option for You?
If you answer yes to the following questions, then Empower Telehealth could be for you:
- Are you unable to attend the clinic for any reason?
- Do you still wish to receive the very best in up to date, evidence based Physiotherapy care?
- Do you have access to a reliable phone line or internet connection?
- To access the full spectrum of Telehalth services, do you have a smart phone, tablet, laptop, or PC with video and microphone capabilities?
What is the Process?
To make a 1:1 Telehealth appointment, you can utilise our normal channels:
- Call the clinic on 9309 5353 and discuss your needs with one of our friendly team members
- Email your physiotherapist directly, or our front desk team @ email@example.com
- If you choose to book an appointment from our website, or via the Health Engine platform, you will need to get in touch with us at one of the above channels in order to let us know you wish for the appointment to be conducted via Telehealth.
At the time of your appointment, you are able to simply join the “meeting” and enter a waiting room until the physiotherapist invites you into your consult.
Those clients who have already moved over to this platform have uniformly expressed how easy the whole process is!
Which Empower Services Are Available Via Telehealth?
The dedicated and creative Empower team are excited to expand ALL of our service to include Telehealth options.
In fact, the only thing we cannot do is physically provide “hands-on” treatment modalities.
However, with a range of self treatment options already being used by our clients already (think foam rollers, reflex balls, bak-balls, massage bars…), this is not the limiting factor you might initially believe.
In fact, the entire premise of our approach in our 11+ years of operation has been to empower our clients with the knowledge, motivation, and tools to optimise their health, and early research suggests that online consultations have similar success as face to face consultations.
The Empower Team is pleased to offer:
1:1 Physiotherapy consultations to treat the full range of conditions we would normally see in clinic, including:
- Musculoskeletal injuries (back pain, neck pain, strains, sprains),
- Chronic Pain,
- Men’s Health Issues (pre and post op prostatectomy clients,
- Women’s Health Issues (ante natal and post natal care),
- Pre and Post Op advice and rehabilitaion, and
- Neurological conditions.
Group exercise rehabilitation consultations in the online space:
- Movement Based Classification and Treatment (formerly Clinical Pilates),
- Exercise Rehabilitation (including for paediatric and neurologically impacted clients), and
- Sports Specific Rehabilitation.